We’ve re-released our 200th Episode T-shirts through T-Spring. Get yours today!
We’re back after a week away and most teams are 20 games in. We review our pre-season predictions for accuracy. Tom Wilson’s suspension gets reduced to 14 games. Is it the correct decision? Will Quenneville coach the Oilers?
- Banter -Back from DC and meeting Tony Noce
- Banana bread in Canada has whole new implication
- Milestones – some big points totals and a goalie climbs the all time wins list
- Hot and Not
- DOPS – Lots to discuss. Tom Wilson’s suspension reduced
- Pre-season predictions reviewed at the quarter point
- Rathole – Matt Cullen
Intro/Outro Music Artist: Del Barber and the No Regretzkys Song: Clear the Track, Here Comes Shack
Cassie Turner, Head Coach of the NCAA’s Quinnipiac Bobcats joins us to dicsuss the Bobcats, and her journey from Campbellford to the NCAA. The DOPS get more work as Mark Borowiecki keeps up his antics.
- Banter -Mike’s in Washington DC, which is very cool
- Interview with Cassie Turner
- Milestones – lots of players hitting 1000 games
- Who’s Hot /Not – Tampa Bay makes the hot list and LA stays on the not list.
- DOPS – Borowiecki back in the bad books
- Morgan Rielly is tearing it up
- Connor McDavid is fast…ask Ryan Suter
Intro/Outro Music Artist: Nightime Adventure Society Song: Washington DC
From the website Hockey By Design, John van der Woude joins us to discuss the different third jerseys released for this season. Borowiecki gets a 1 game suspension and the video from the DOPS has Dale in stitches. Plus a new Rathole, and all the latest news.
- Banter -Snow on the ground in Stirling. Dale’s not happy with the energy in the arena at the Belleville Senators’ games.
- Feedback from Cody Trafford
- Who’s Hot /Not – Preds continue to be hot and the Kings are not. Who’s on a streak?
- DOPS – Borowiecki gets one game for an elbow
- John van der Woude from Hockey by Design – we discuss the third jerseys plus a few special editions
- News -Nate Schmidt contract
- Carolina rolling, Matthews hurt, Avalanche rolling with Rantanen, MacKinnon and Landeskog banking points.
Intro/Outro Music Artist: Mystery Pills Song: By Design
Predators and Leafs remain atop the conferences early but are the Leafs starting to cool off? The final winner of the The Store Next Door contests is announced. Did the Department of Player Safety get it right on Mike Matheson?
- Banter -Mike returns from 25th reunion at Queen’s. Hey to King Lew, Greg, Kenny D, Hugh, Rupak, RobLee and J Gheils Band.
- Mike was in Jacksonville, now headed to Calgary
- The Store Next Door Winner!
- Who’s Hot /Not – Preds and Leafs leading the way while Detroit and Arizona have struggled out of the gate
- DOPS – Matheson’s 2 games – we weigh in
- News -Charles Wang dies at 74
- Kariya jersery retirement,
- Laviolette wears a bull head mask for interview
Intro/Outro Music Artist: The Lost Patrol Song: Homecoming
Ken Reid, Co-Host of Sportsnet Central and author of Hockey Card Stories 2, joins us and gets nostalgic about hockey cards. We even get a cameo appearance from Evanka Ozmak The Leafs are rolling. Another contest winner to announce and still another prize from The Store Next Door to be won.
- Banter – Autumn is here. No NHL games on a Friday night?
- Feedback – lots of people had feedback this week!
- The Store Next Door contest – honourable mentions and a new winner!
- This week’s question – Name the American hockey stick manufacturer owned by two brothers who played for Team USA in the 1960 Olympics and whose son played for Team USA in the 1980 Olympics and played 1000 games in the NHL.
- Who is hot and not in the first week
- Auston Watson suspension reduced
- Jersey retirements
- Ken Reid
Intro/Outro Music Artist: The Tragically Hip Song: 50 Mission Cap
This Week’s Store Next Door Prize – this amazing coat rack!
Here’s the amazing interview with Peter Mahovlich…”on behalf of the Montreal Canadiens, I have to apologize”
From the Rathole – here are Dave Simpson’s stats:
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. We announce the winner for the first Store Next Door contest. We have another contest this week and another great prize to give away. Dale brings back the Rathole and we discuss a potential offer sheet for William Nylander.
- Banter – It’s Thanksgiving in Canada and we’re loving the turkey. Mike gives his take on some Texas cities.
- Caps opening video does not include Barry Trotz
- Store Next Door contest winner!
- The second edition of the The Store Next Door Contest
- DOPS – Should Marchand have received a suspension – we have differing opinions
- Who came out of the gates strong?
- What would it take to offer sheet William Nylander, and who could do it?
- Dale goes back down the Rathole with Scott Stevens
- We announce an exciting guest for next week’s show.
Intro/Outro Music Artist: Volbeat Song: Thanks
The Store Next Door Contest is back for week 2!
The skill testing question is:
In 2000, Joe Sakic and Paul Kariya were early adopters of the first popular one piece composite stick. What was the brand and model of that stick?
Win this great prize made by The Store Next Door!